Tuesday, September 4, 2007

beyond proud



We spent the long weekend at the lake and challenged both Chloe and Keagan to try kneeboarding. Chloe went first, of course, there was no question about that, but much to my surprise, Keagan went for a ride, too. I had one of those moments where you actually feel your heart swell...you know what I mean... when you have to pause and catch your breath just from the sight of them either doing something to overcome a fear or even just when they give you that special look, the one that you know they only give you. I can't believe that is my boy flying behind a boat at 14 miles per hour, when just last year he still had issues with getting his face wet. Way to go Keagan!! I'll tell you it is bittersweet, however. Because this means he is growing up, growing just a bit more independent of me with each day. Ugh. I'll just count on the fact that he WILL live in that house across the street when he grows up just like he tells me he will. (oh, and Maya tells me she will be next door to him). Speaking of growing up, my baby girl has started "reading". She thinks she is so cool reciting a story she has learned at school. In this picture she is "reading" Whose Feet to Holten. She worships him so...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erika,

A certain "Memaw" will be adding you to her favorite places. Have fun and be careful, too!

Robyn said...

Very proud!!! I will check on you often so if you aren't keeping up (like I am right now) I will get on you and you can do the same. Way to go! Robyn

Teaque said...

Hey girl - saw you had blog from your post on a la mode. You know you can add an a la mode link to your side bar??? I'll help if you need me to! Congrats on the new blog - I love doing it...

Teaque said...

oh and be sure to post pics of your scrap LO's I'd love to see them!

a la mode blog said...

congrats on getting sucked into blogging : ) i felt the same way and now i'm addicted to reading and posting!! can't wait to see your posts!
sara