Thursday, September 27, 2007

Time flies...

My gosh, where has the time gone? I can't believe I am taking 6year old pictures for Maya. I wanted to get them taken before she loses her first tooth. I'm not even sure if her tooth is "ready" to come out, but she is determined to wiggle it until it does. She can't wait for this weekend, her big plan is to bite into one of Marta's famous caramel apples at the corn festival back in my hometown. I will, of course, also take pictures after she loses her tooth, but I wanted to get some good pics of all those tiny little teeth.

I put her in two different outfits... The polka dot outfit is what she wore on the first day of kindergarten. She also loves that cowboy hat, so I thought that would be a good choice to remember her at 6 years old. The second is a more subdued outfit, both to get some pics of Keagan and Maya together and for the picture idea I stole from my friend Lori. She had the same shot taken of each of her girls as they entered kindergarten. It is a good way to document how they write their names. I only wish I had seen the idea as Keagan was entering kindergarten...
I just love the way this one turned out!! Thanks, Lori!! Here are some of the pics of Keagan and Maya together...






and one last one... Am I lucky or what!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet! They are getting SO big, it is hard to believe... I wish they stayed little longer...
I LOVE the closeup with the hat- and my other fav is the writing- that IS a great idea...
You did a wonderful job, and it's no wonder the stores will let you print these- they ARE so professional! as I keep saying you have a beautiful portfolio... ;)
it was great seeing you for CornFest, and so nice to spend an adult evening out!- amazing!
Morgan wondered how Maya got to the parade, since you live so far away...