Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What I learned at corn festival...


  1. I learned that I shouldn't stay out until 4am.

  2. I learned that my cousin Amy is fun to hang out with.

  3. I learned that I shouldn't eat an entire caramel apple at 3 in the morning.

  4. I learned that Amy can play, I mean REALLY play the drums!!

  5. I learned that sitting on the street for 2 hours straight watching a parade is hard on the rear end.

  6. I learned that walking 8 blocks for a $6 pork chop on a stick is not really worth it.

  7. I learned that staying awake after this crazy visit for a 3 1/2 hour drive home was not going to be easy.

  8. I learned that getting up for work the next day was going to be even harder...

OK. Maybe I already knew some of these things, but for some reason I chose to completely ignore any common sense that might have tried to make an appearance. We made a whirlwind tour through Morris for the festival. Maya and I were there for a total of 26 hours and Chris for only 17. In that time, we went to Aunt Debbie's for dinner, went to the carnival, watched a great fireworks show, went out to the bars, did I mention eat an entire, huge, caramel apple?, sat around a bonfire in Sarah's backyard, and sat through about 1 1/2 hours of a parade. Oh, I guess the other thing "I" did was manage to leave all of our sleeping blankies and stuffed friends at Grandma's house. That was fun to manage on my lack of sleep. Thankfully Memaw is coming for grandparents day on Thursday, so all will be well and the world will be made right when the necessary sleeping paraphernalia is returned to its rightful owners. When you remove the tired and grumpy factors post weekend, we all really had a great time. The "real" reason for heading north was to see my aunt, uncle and cousin, Amy. She is 8years my junior and has always lived in Arkansas. In the past 11 years, I think I have only seen her 3 times... So really, I have never known her as an adult. It was really nice to "hang out" with her and get to know her. She is a great girl and a lot of fun. However I feel this week, it was worth it if only for that reason. ;o)


I've been checking alamode's blog quite often, and let me tell you, there have been some really cute bags designed lately. Can't wait to get mine. And, my messenger bag. I will, for sure, post pics when I get them. Make sure you check out the blog!


Done for now...

No comments: