Thursday, October 25, 2007

All right, already...

I didn't really realize this was going to be this hard. This...whole... blog... thing. I think I am putting too much pressure on myself to make each entry something special or funny. But I realized today that I'm missing on documenting the little stuff waiting on something BIG to happen.

I, like every other mom out there, have also been really busy. In the past two weeks, I have had 7 soccer games and 7 alamode design sessions. That is in addition to work, dance, tumbling, and 2 parent teacher conferences... I have helped design 67 bags in the past 2 weeks and 101 just this month! That is crazy! Tonight I had a huge party and sold 27 bags. Let's go shopping!!

I learned at the P/T conferences that my kids need to straighten up, OK so maybe not. It really makes you feel good when you get through one of those and the teacher says, "Really, your child is a dream." Both kids did really well...Maya may have to work on controlling her gift for gab, but otherwise no major issues. ;o)

Maya's birthday is coming up next Tues. It's going to ruin the Halloween costume reveal, but here are her invites, I think they turned out pretty cute.


This was a costume my mom made for me, I think in 1st grade. I have put her on the hunt to find a picture of me in it. I was so excited to see Maya in it, it didn't even need to be altered. I just rolled her sleeves up one time, well, because she didn't inherit my long "monkey arms". I can't wait for her party. We are going to have a tea party and use my Grandmas collection of teacups and teapots. I know this sounds risky for a bunch of 6 year olds, but my Grandma is tickled pink that someone wants to use her things...she could really care less if something got damaged. I can't wait to set the table and send her a picture. I just wish she could make it here to see it in person.

Keagan had "tryouts" for basketball this week. They don't "cut" kids, but they do fill the teams with a "draft" of sorts. This is the first time for Keagan to play other than in the driveway, so I was curious to find out from Chris what was expected from a kid his age. When they got home, Chris commented privately to me that he thought Keagan would do fine...that he was, in his mind, a solid middle of the road as far as ability. We knew 2 of the coaches going into it. Today, Daddy got news that made his day. His boy was first pick of the second round by a coach that we don't know. So we'll see how it goes, hopefully his coach makes things fun and not stressful.

Well, night night...off I go to dream about purse fabrics. ;o)

1 comment:

a la mode blog said...

you are awesome!!!! my top design consultant!!!!

i have some great surprises in store for you and your loyal customers!!! thats 101 bags i have cut!!
hugs-sara