Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Disco balls


I suppose the next few posts will be rather random. Instead of making one super long entry, I think I'll break it up into random thoughts by me. I'll browse through my pics and see what I find.

For Christmas, Maya got this fabulous sweatshirt, TWICE! I guess to match her sparkling personality. Both my dad's sisters chose this for her...while they were shopping several states away from each other. When Maya opened the first one the sun was shining in the window. She pulled it out of the gift bag and suddenly the whole room was brighter and sparkly spots of light reflected off of every surface. Chris and I gave the "WOW that's nice" look to each other and Maya beamed just a bright as the sweatshirt...my girl likes sparkle... Anyway, when she opened the second one, we waited for the awkward moment and she immediately exclaimed, "Yea! Now Kendall can have one too!!" Her friend Kendall is the friend she made when she was still 2, soon to be 3 years old. They went to Extended Care together the year BEFORE they started preschool. Now they are in kindergarten together. Next year when Maya switches to Boulevard, I think this might be one of the hardest hurdles for us to get past. Most of Maya's other school friends are also I guess what you could call "family friends" meaning we do things outside of school, too. We are trying really hard to get the Dunkin's involved in our small group and I think Maya would really love that! To have a guaranteed playdate once or more a month would be super.

No comments: