Wednesday, January 30, 2008

SPLAT!

Tonight we went to Keagan's science fair. His project was to see if an egg's shell was strong or weak. This was a big thing for Keagan. He really does well with homework, even with studying and reading, but projects, I've found, really aren't his thing. He needed a few gentle reminders to stay with me, but all in all he did a great job. He spent a lot of time on this... The experiment itself really didn't take all that long and actually it was fun, we were all involved in that. It was all the work after that he didn't enjoy. Making the project board for the fair might as well have been torture. Maya on the other hand was looking over our shoulders every step of the way. She kept saying, "I wish I had a project like this" and I wish I had to do all this stuff." Not surprising in the least... When the board was finished you'd have thought he had been forced to remain completely still for days. He got really silly and had all kinds of pent up energy. You can see that in the first picture. I guess maybe he was just relieved to be done. At the fair, every student got a blue ribbon for participating, that was a nice touch. Oh, and by the way, an egg IS strong... on one of the trials, it held 18 pounds of books before breaking...pretty impressive, huh?

No comments: